- VAT (Value Added Tax) is the sales tax payable only by UK or European Union (EU) members. The current UK rate of VAT is 20%.
- If your order is being shipped directly OUTSIDE of the EU, you will NOT be charged VAT.
- If you a Trade Purchaser, who a) are registered for VAT (or equivalent) in an EU member state (with the exception of the UK), b) register an account on our online shop, and c) provide a valid registration number (that is validated prior to processing of your order) then VAT will not be charged. The VAT number and delivery address must match the registered address held by the European Commission's VIES database. For full details please see our Terms and conditions of sale.
Lead Time to Dispatch of Orders
Where goods are in stock (which includes most sensors, ancillary parts and VDO off-the-shelf gauges), we aim to dispatch within 1 to 3 days of order acceptance and receipt of payment. Should there be a delay in dispatching an order, we will endeavour to notify the customer as soon as possible along with an expected dispatch date. Every effort will be made to deliver the goods as soon as possible after your order has been accepted, and in any event within the time stipulated. However, we will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through any reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery. In this case, we may inform you of the delay and the reason for the delay as soon as is practical.
"MADE TO ORDER" Products
In most cases, ETB Instruments manufacture our own range of gauges to customer order. The general lead time for production of ETB gauge sets is 1 to 2 weeks from placement of order although in most cases we aim to dispatch within 5 working days. Small orders consisting of one or two gauges (depending on the type and specification) are usually dispatched within 2 days. In all cases we endeavour to dispatch your order as quickly as possible.
UK Delivery Services
During the order process, you are able to select the method of delivery of your order. We recommend that items of less than £20.00 are dispatched via Royal Mail. Orders valued up to £50.00 GBP sent via 1st Class Royal Mail Recorded delivery. Gauge sets or orders valued over £50.00 GBP are recommended to be dispatched via Interlink Courier.
International Delivery Services
Deliveries to EU countries can be made via Royal Mail for small items, Interlink (DPD) or UPS. On viewing your basket, delivery costs can be estimated prior to checkout. Alternatively prices shown at the time of Checkout depict the cost of each method for selection by the purchaser. Deliveries to countries outside the EU are either via Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed (where available up to a limit of 2Kg) or via UPS.
We always do our best to ensure that the goods are securely and safely packed for the journey.
- Goods which prove unsuitable may be returned for refund, credit or exchange if they are returned to ourselves within 14 days of receipt. Subject to the following conditions:
- Items are returned carriage paid.
- Items are received in a resalable, "as new" condition.
- Items should be returned unused in their original condition in order to secure a refund.
- Items are returned complete with all packaging in good condition. (We reserve the right to levy a charge to replace product packaging which is damaged or defaced).
- We cannot accept any items which have been specially ordered for you or manufactured to your specification for return such as goods "Made to Order" as under EU distance selling regulations, clause 13(c).
- All returns are to be accompanied by the senders name and address, account number, order reference number (these are found on the invoice), and reason for return.
- We cannot accept responsibility for returned parcels which are undelivered, please retain your proof of postage etc., you may require it on the event of a claim with your carrier.
You must obtain a Returns Authorisation Number before returning any goods.
Please either use the Returns form located under Customer Service on our website, or alternatively contact us on +44 (0)1702 601055 or email@example.com.
Once you have a Returns Authorisation Number please include this along with your name, address, telephone number, email address and a full description of the reason for return and send back alongside your item(s).
ETB Instruments Limited are not responsible for any labour charges incurred during fitment or removal of allegedly faulty (or incorrectly supplied) parts.
Shortages & Damage - Please advise our Customer Service Department of any problems with shortages or carrier damage within 5 days of receipt. We regret that beyond this time, due to circumstances beyond our control we may be unable to process your claim.
Please contact us directly, quoting your customer account number and order number if you have any questions or queries. You can do this by telephone directly on +44 (0)1702 601055 or email firstname.lastname@example.org